Join our team
Paws Pet Care is seeking animals lovers who are responsible, dedicated, and dependable to join our team.
We provide professional animal care services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to clients that are looking for a safe alternative to boarding and kenneling their fur-babies.
You’re in control of your schedule. You decide when you want to work. You decide how much you want to work. You even get to choose which pets you would like to work with!
Online scheduling and payments make your job easy. Having problems? We offer one-on-one support for our sitters anytime.
Life happens — we know. We offer 24/7 emergency support for scheduling conflicts, finding replacement sitters, and more.
- Be willing to submit to a state/local background check
- Take our quiz to see if pet sitting and dog walking is right for you
- Provide a minimum of three character references (not family)
- Be able and willing to work independently
- Have reliable transportation
- Own a smartphone (this is a MUST – we use an app for our visits)
- Be trustworthy, detail oriented, and reliable
- Have experience caring for dogs, cats and/or small mammals, birds, etc.
- Have genuine love and affection for all animals
- Be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (Overnights optional)
- Understand that you will be putting mileage on your vehicle traveling to and from visits
- At least 10 years experience in caring for companion animals (your own pets count)
- Experience administering medication a plus
- Pet CPR/First Aid certification a plus
What to Expect
We look at your background check, experience and meet with you personally. If we approve you as a sitter congrats! We’ll be sending jobs (that you choose) your way! You decide your schedule and services you’d like to offer. We’ll provide support, educational opportunities, and insurance.
Once we add you to our sitter portal you will be able to network with other seasoned sitters and request A Ride-A-Long. A ride-along is an opportunity for you to spend a day with one of our experienced sitters visiting actual clients and observing how we operate to see if you feel like pet sitting and dog walking is a good choice for you.
Clients Book Services Online
You set your calendar availability. We contact you based on several factors (availability, area, preferences of our clients, etc) about available jobs. You choose which fur babies you’d like to care for!
We Handle The Payments
Our clients pay through our client profile management software. We pay you electronically when you submit your invoice for payment to us. We keep a percentage of each job to cover background checks, premium insurance, 24/7 customer support, and marketing efforts to drive business to our sitters.
You Provide the Belly Rubs
You pet sit in the guests home, offering morning/midday/evening/overnight pet sitting, private dog walking, puppy playtime, pet taxi…whatever services you decide are a good fit for you.
Become a sitter today to start making money doing what you love — playing with animals!