Halloween treats are typically discouraged for pets because candy isn’t healthy for your fur-kids. Good news though! At Paws Pet Care Pet Sitting & Dog Walking we want to share some fun, safe Halloween treats we found across the web for your pet to enjoy!
Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Treats
· 1 cup oats (old fashioned, 1-minute oats, or instant) , plus more if needed- see instructions
· 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
· 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1. Grind the oats into a fine powder in a food processor.
2. Add the pumpkin and peanut butter and blend together until it’s a sticky dough.
3. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. (If your dog is sensitive to wheat, use brown rice flour.)
4. Use a cookie cutter (skeleton bone?) or cut the dough into squares with a knife and transfer them to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the dog biscuits are dry and hard.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies
· 2 1/2 cups of coconut flour
· 1 cup of applesauce
· 1 1/2 cups of pure pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
· 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
· 4 eggs
1. Mix coconut flour, pure pumpkin puree, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, and eggs into a large bowl.
2. Roll out the dough into a sheet about a quarter-inch thick.
3. Use your favorite cookie cutter and place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
Pumpkin dog treats are delicious and good for your dog’s GI tract!
Apple Crunch Pupcakes
· 2 cups water
· ¼ cups apple sauce (I used Mott’s Natural)
· ¼ tsp vanilla extract
· 1 egg
· 4 Tbsp honey
· 4 cups whole wheat flour
· 1 Tbsp baking powder
· 1 cup chopped apples (about 1 apple)
1. Mix water, apple sauce, vanilla, egg, and honey together in a large bowl with a whisk.
2. Combine whole wheat flower and baking powder before stirring them into the wet ingredients.
3. Fold chopped apples into the batter.
4. Put a spoonful of batter into greased muffin tins.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
Peanut Snack Sandwiches
· 2 Tbs canola oil
· 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
· 1 cup water
· 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
· 1 1/2 cups white flour
· peanut butter, for serving
1. Combine canola oil, peanut butter, and water in large bowl.
2. Add both types of flour.
3. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Knead dough into a ball and roll flat to about 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Cut out small circles and place them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes
7. When the cookies are cooled, sandwich peanut butter between two cookies and serve.
If there is not much time to try out all of these recipes, Chewy.com is a website providing already-prepared snacks for pets to enjoy!