I get this question all the time when speaking with prospective clients on the phone. Let’s break it down simply:
- The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about kenneling is just that. “Kenneling” means your fur-kid is going to spend it’s entire day, minus a few short potty breaks, in a wire kennel or crate. The reasons why kennels can price themselves so cheaply is that they work in bulk……they can kennel sometimes HUNDREDS of fur-kids at once, which brings me to my next point…..
- When your fur-kid is kenneled, it’s exposed to stressful conditions like continuous barking, perhaps cramped spaces, change in their routine, different food and treats and even aggression from other dogs.
- If we aren’t talking about dogs, then let’s talk about cats. Uh boy……have you ever met a cat that liked to be put in a carrier, put in the car and taken to a kennel? Me either.
- Stress = lowered immunity to fight off illnesses that they may be exposed to in a kennel/boarding environment. There are viruses floating around that kill dogs in days….viruses for which there are no vaccines or cures.
- Did you know that Bordetella (Kennel Cough) is like the people-flu? There are several strains of kennel cough and getting your fur-kid vaccinated doesn’t protect them from all strains.
- Sometimes fur-kids get so stressed that they will not eat the whole time you are away. Or poop.
- Kennel prices generally do not include walks, playtime, cuddle time, brushing, or any of the things that your fur-kids love at home. You are charged EXTRA for your fur-kid to spend just a minimal amount of time outside of a wire crate or kennel (in the form of “walks” or “playtime”). When you DO add extra services you are charged extra fees. If you have more than one pet you are definitely looking to pay much more.
- Ok. So there are luxury kennels that are somewhat different….but they cost an arm and a leg and your fur-kid is SMART and knows it’s not home. So why not just let them stay in their ACTUAL homes (instead of a kennel made to look like one)?
- Have you ever came into town 5 minutes after the “pick-up” time and had to turn around and go home because they were closed? OR…have you had to leave them there all weekend even if you get home on Sunday (most kennels are closed on Sunday). You are stuck paying an extra day….and that stinks.
Paws Pet Care Pet Sitting
Our goal has always been to provide a safe, healthy alternative to kenneling your fur-kid(s) when you can’t be with them. We understand that today most of us have to work within a budget. However, when it comes to having someone in your home working with your pets, can you really place a price on peace-of-mind?
- We are licensed, bonded, fully insured and accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Online scheduling, bill-pay and access to your fur-kids very own profile that you can update any time.
- We come to YOUR home to care for your fur-kids as many times a day as needed.
- We have several services to choose from.
- Your fur-kids get to stay in their own environment, surrounded by familiar smells, sights and sounds.
- Your fur-kids will receive one on one attention. They will sleep in their own beds and play with their favorite toys.
- Special needs like timed medication, special dietary needs, elder care, puppy care, etc. are no problem for us at all.
- We offer a FREE “Get Acquainted” visit to make sure you are comfortable with us and that we are a good fit for you and your fur-kids before you commit.
- We customize our plans for each of our clients needs. We understand that fur-kid care is never “one size fits all”.
- We administer medications to pets and do not charge extra for it.
- We follow your exact instructions when it comes to feeding, play time and medications.
- We monitor your fur-kids eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, treats and behavior….and leave a reports card for each visit.
- We text or email a photo of your fur-kid to you DAILY.
- We have an emergency back-up plan (in case your sitter is involved in an accident, gets sick, etc.).
- We work with a team of insured, back-ground checked and experienced sitters, so you will ALWAYS have service.
- We do complimentary security walk-throughs of your home and property. We have saved homes from water leaks, etc.
- We get your mail, set out your trash on trash day, water your plants and make your home looked “lived in” when you are away.
- We are all Red Cross Pet CPR/First Aid Certified.
- You never have to load your pets in the car and drive to and from the kennel again. (Cats will love you for this).
- Our services are award winning. We have won awards from Tails Magazine and Angie’s List.
- We are members of the Association of Pet Sitting Excellence
- We are a family owned and operated company….NOT a franchise
- Owner’s husband and business partner is a Louisville Metro Police Detective.
We understand that today most of us have to work within a budget. However, when it comes to having someone in your home working with your pets, can you really place a price on peace-of-mind?
If you have never used a pet sitter but are interested in learning more, please feel free to give us a call at 502-802-5052 or email us at [email protected] to see how we can serve you.
Beth Green, Owner