Even the most trustworthy and experienced pet sitters will have trouble if you haven’t kept your end of the bargain.
Here are your responsibilities:
1. Read and understand our policies and procedures.
2. Make reservations early, especially during holidays. Make sure you have received a confirmation and an invoice.
3. Log in to your personal profile in LeashTime and make sure all information is correct, including payment information. Leave instructions in your online profile detailing pet-care responsibilities and emergency contact information.
4. Affix current identification tags to your pet’s collar.
5. Maintain current vaccinations for your pet.
6. Leave a key with a trusted neighbor or friend. Be sure those extra keys work before giving them out.
7. Notify your veterinarian that a Paws Pet Care pet sitter will be caring for your pet. Authorize the vet to extend medical care during your absence if it becomes necessary.
8. Make sure all gates, fences, and latches in your yard or your fur-kid(s) outside play space are secure.
9. Make sure your fur-kid’s collars/harnesses fit properly. Make sure electric fence collar batteries are properly charged.
10. If your fur-kid chews on things, set out acceptable chew toys.
11. Make sure to include your fur-kid’s favorite hiding places in your online profile. This helps the sitter find your pet if he/she does not appear when the sitter arrives.
12. If your fur-kid has any unusual habits, like destructive behavior when left alone, change in bowel or eating habits, etc., make sure to include this information in your profile.
13. Set out everything your pet needs in one accessible area. This includes food, treats, utensils, food and water bowls, medications, leash, can opener, toys, paper towels, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, litter and scoop, broom and dustpan and/or vacuum cleaner, pet towels, newspapers or other housebreaking materials, and watering can for plants.
14. Provide extra food, litter, and supplies just in case you are home later than expected.
15. Leave plastic bags for sanitary waste disposal. (We offer complimentary yard clean-up each time your fur-kid goes #2 in your yard. However, please do not expect your sitter to pick up any pet messes that accumulated before their contract period.)
16. Think about cleaning out your refrigerator so that food does not spoil, and wash all dishes so that there is no chance of ants or other pests invading the house.
17. Make sure to include directions regarding how to control your heat and air conditioner, and which settings should be used for the comfort of your pet. Check your settings before you leave. If we are providing overnight services, instructions on how to use the TV remote and wifi access would be great (optional).
18. Close off any areas of your home that are off limits to the pet or sitter, and let us know in advance.
19. If you are leaving anything specifically for your pet sitter, such as a batch of cookies or a tip, make sure to leave a note. Sitters will not take anything from a house unless we are specifically invited to!
20. Remember that for the safety of our sitters, we will not enter your home if there is another person in it. We will not provide care if another person is also providing care for your pet, and we must know what other people may access the house.
The best care for your best friend
You can relax knowing your pets are loved and safe in the comfort of their own home.
Call today to find the perfect sitter for you and your furry friend!